Fisheries Data Management Project Support
Duration: 6 months full time / temporary contract
- Collate and format historic fisheries and survey data for upload to a SQL database. An application for data upload has already been developed as has the SQL database and no new applications development or database development is required.
- Design data forms for a smart phone application that can be used to derive e-data from commercial fishing vessels. This will use existing applications/technology and no applications development is required.
Experience required to deliver the support
- A minimum of a certificate in a biological or related scientific area.
- Have experience working with databases and ideally have some knowledge of SQL.
- Have intermediate or advanced level skills in Excel and Access.
- Understands and has experience of fisheries data or environmental type data and its management.
- Has experience and knowledge of data visualisation, data exploration and data quality control methods
- Be an experienced and skilled smart phone user eg. Application downloads, working with Android and iPhone systems.
Please send a copy of your cover letter and CV to email@example.com (www.osms.ie/careers).
Closing Date for Applications 5pm, 17th April 2017.